About Me

Colleen Gillis has been recruiting many years, working with national corporate organizations as well as small independent operations. Her expertise on the hiring climate in Canada, best candidate pratices, and employment standards have been a valuable resorce for candidates searching for the next step in their career.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Recruiter/Candidate Relationship

It's been a busy start to the year and I want to thank all of the candidates who have kindly referred Target Professionals to other candidates and clients. I receive great satisfaction in helping people find good work that fits their lives while assisting clients employ your exceptional skills with fairness, respect and growth opportunities.

Some people don't realize that, as a recruiter, I don't charge a fee to candidates for assisting with developing a career plan, employment searches, resume formats, interview preparation, work permit information, etc.... this is true. Recruiters charge the clients (your prospective employer) a fee when they hire a candidate through Target Professionals. So, while I don't work directly for candidates, I do my best to help you with your career even if I don't have a position currently open that suits your background and interest.

I believe candidates and clients have equal imporatance and value regardless of who pays the fee simply because they are both one side of a vibrant hospitality business. I'd be interested to hear any of your comments about how successful recruiters are in meeting your needs or if you feel there are ways we can improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment